Wool Rug Repair the Correct Way Whether you need an existing wool rug repair service or you need a rug repaired that you purchased from a vintage Oriental rug shop, there is a right and wrong way of repairing a rug. It is highly recommended that you have a professional like Oriental Rug Care NY because if your wool rug is not repaired the right way, you can cause serious damage. If your rug needs quick repair, there are a few tricks of the trade. Often times a wool rug repair is needed when the binding tape of the rug begins to wear. Then there are times when wool rug repair is needed when a house pet pulls on the rug, this can cause it to loosen. You can actually do wool rug repair on your own, however, it can be time consuming and a bit tedious. Wool rug repair can be done with a hot glue gun as well. However, if you don’t have time for wool rug repair, don’t neglect getting it repaired, consider hiring a professional wool rug repair company to fix it for you. If you decide on wool rug repair on your own, make sure you thoroughly vacuum your rug first. This will get rid of all the dirt and grime that may be imbedded in your rug. You can also use club soda to help loosen up grim within your rug. When using this particular wool rug repair method, make sure you spot clean the area. Avoid rubbing the area that needs to be cleaned to avoid wool rug repair damage. Try the following wool rug repair steps:
- For wool rug repair, make sure that you carefully clip the unraveled edges of your rug with upholstery scissors. For wool rug repair, you should consider using a seam ripper in order to remove the threads from the actual binding. This will give it a more professional look. You will want to avoid using regular scissors or a razor if all possible.
- The next step for wool rug repair is to simply bring the binding that’s damaged to the local fabric store. Then ask the sales representative to help you find binding tape that matches as close as possible to the original .
- Then you will need to fold over the binding take around the edge of the wool rug in order to match your current binding. Take a couple of straight pins in order to hold the binding together for your wool rug repair.
- Now comes the easy part. All you have to do is press down the binding with an iron. You will want to form a nice crease around the edge of your binding. This gives your wool rug repair a professional look.
- The next and final step is to connect the binding with a needle and thread. For wool rug repair you can also use a hot glue gun if you prefer. When sewing your binding, you will need to match your stitches on the remainder of your wool rug. Then when you’re finished with your wool rug repair, don’t forget to remove the pins.
As you can see from the wool rug repair steps above, wool rug repair is not as complicated as one may think. As mentioned previously, if you prefer, you can hire a professional for wool rug repair rather than attempting wool rug repair on your own.